Pages

May 24, 2011

Time Traveling Tuesdays!

I posted my very old design attempt at Orcs last week, so I thought I'd follow it up with a series of comic pages in which said orcs appear.

There's six pages (of a planned 8) but I'll break them down into 2 page chunks so that I don't blow through all my work in the next few weeks. Apologies for the quality of the scans, I don't have an 11x17 scanner (yet) and these pages are over a decade old...

Quick tip for those who don't know: pencillers will often use mark a series of x's into a space they intend to be filled with black.

Gotta say, it's kinda painful to look at these now so I'll try to do a quick summary of the story, but I don't want to spend too much time on 'em.

I was looking to create an adventure story, and these first pages were supposed to kick off the grand quest. It starts off with a young man exploring an underground cavern, in the hopes of finding some treasure. He drops down into a room full of gold and trinkets, and picks up a gauntlet with a huge gem on it.

The drawings themselves are kind of fun from time to time, but man oh man is the storytelling bad. I think I'll go through and do a crit of these and some of my other pages at a later date, maybe make that an every Thursday thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment