Pages

May 12, 2011

Thor

First off, apologies for missing the wednesday update. I was planning on posting last night, but unfortunately blogger had other plans for me. All seems to be well now though, so I'll put this up ASAP.

Checked out the new Thor movie last night, and I've gotta say I didn't love it. I think the story was weak, the art direction was headed somewhere I really didn't want to go, and the casting was just... off. All in all not my favorite marvel outing by far. That said, I've been looking forward to it for a while now, and was kind of hoping it'd be a killer movie. And with Thor on the brain comes Thor in the sketch book.

Started inking this sucker after I went through and did a first pass of colors. I'm really not feeling comfortable with the whole digital painting experience yet, so I scrapped the colors and started inking.

Here's a WIP (work in progress) shot to tide you over. The plan is to have this on my table at the con, so if you've got some suggestions please don't hesitate to mention them.


No comments:

Post a Comment