Pages

July 9, 2009

Alright, I mentioned at the end of my last post that I would try to get some sketches up from our time at the show and sale. Earlier in the year Sho and Phil came up with "Abominations", a list of animals that had been blended together. Things got a little boring at the show, so we whipped out the list and started sketching. It's funny to see what you come up with when you don't have any reference to help you on your way (no wifi at the show = no looking up what a bees head looks like...). Oh, and by the way, these are all straight scans, no cleaning anything up, so forgive me if there are wonky bits.

Without further ado, I give you:

The Bee-ver and the Hamsturtle


-Sho has a hard time getting his signature visible on his works, so I was going out of my way to sign every sketch I did (and challenging him to do the same).



The Pantha









The Moosalu and the Pork-upine









and finally, the velocirabbit.







These were a ton of fun to play around with but it turns out there's a lot of problems related to turning it into a full fledged project. Too much pissing around makes for a lot of wasted time, and I've got a ton of other projects to work on, so I think this will be the only Abominations work you see from me.

Once I got burned out on the Abominations list I turned to my current default drawing.


My buddy has a little guy named Jesse who loves all things Hulk, so I've been trying to get a bunch of drawing done with him in mind.







Then Sho got drawing, and went back to his old, bitter Hulk, and I felt the overwhelming need to do up a mockery of his style. Hopefully he took it all in good fun, I love the guys work, so I don't think this'll hurt too much, but I just couldn't resist.







That's it for today, I need to get back to making work instead of posting it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment