Pages

July 4, 2011

It's MONDAY!

So it's been two weeks since the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo and I still haven't finished the commission I got. I feel pretty bad that it's taken as long as it has, but there're extenuating circumstances, and unfortunately I've been busy with unrelated projects and problems.

That all said, I've been excited by the commission, the request is pretty cool and a little outside my comfort area, so I've been picking away at it whenever I've had a free moment.

Today you get the the first draft. I've since taken it into sketchbook pro to ink it, but I want to point out that it's missing a large component of the piece. The commission brief was for a Steampunk girl laying down looking up at the camera, with a snake curled around her. During the inking process I've been working out how to lay in the snake, so I'll post a couple different versions of that on Wednesday. My plan is to have it wrapped up by Friday at the latest, so you should see the final version in the end of the week post.


3 comments:

  1. I have several commissions out there that have been over a year . . . don't feel too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over a year?! That sucks man. Are they paid for too? I don't think I'd be comfortable as the artist if someone had paid me and I didn't get around to their piece for a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I always pay up front- that's the easy part. Sometimes I get burned but way more artists out there have been burned than clients.

    ReplyDelete