Pages

February 26, 2015

Character Development

Just a quick update on the game today. We're about to sit down for a long day of playtesting, so I should have a couple photos of the newest version to show next week.

For now I'll stick with some art. For the most part these pieces were done up as sketches or experiments, and then in the last month or so I've polished them up a bit. We've found that having a layer of color, narrative, and of course art for the characters really brings the game to life. With that in mind I've been making a point of finding quick/easy/cheap ways to prototype different systems while still making them visually appealing. It's pushed me to become a much faster painter and designer.

Here's a look at some of the old character designs, and their current (WIP) versions. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment