Pages

April 14, 2013

Insert Joke Here?




Having a tough time deciding if this piece works better with the Joker squaring off against Batman, or if I should go with my initial instincts and make it an anonymous thug. Either way things are coming along nicely and I have little doubt that this piece and Wonder Woman will be ready for the con. 

Not sure if I mentioned this, but I ran into a big problem a couple weeks ago when I began test printing. Turns out my fancy new monitor had the contrast and brightness jacked up to the max, so everything that I saw on screen was looking killer, but everything I printed out looked muddy and dark. I'm still tweaking settings and debating other options (anyone out there with a Spyder? I'd love to hear some feedback on them) but my knowledge of color management is limited to say the least. 

Other than that rather pressing issue things are moving along quite nicely. My wonderful wife just picked up some new boxes to organize prints in, and so I'm looking forward to having a much faster/easier system ready to go come con time (last year I had 2 flat boxes with my prints piled up in each... it was occasionally embarrassing how long it took to find and prep a print that someone was asking for). 

Also, holy crap Lexxy's back?!  

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I like the "some random thug" better. I think it's the angles of the lines that do it. The colours also seem to work out better with the composition in that random thug one.

    ReplyDelete