Pages

June 21, 2011

Aftermath

First off I'd like to apologize for not posting in almost a month. A chunk of that time was vacation, and the remainder was prep for the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo, which I attended as an exhibitor for the first time this year. I'll try to ease back into the regular schedule over the next week or two, but until then you'll have to forgive me as I would like to spend some time focusing on the convention and related topics.

Cons are a lot of work. A LOT of work. And they should be. I think any artist who took it easy and just "showed up" did a disservice both to themselves and their fans. I paid a hefty price, in that I wasn't properly prepared for this con, and so the last couple of weeks have been spent desperately trying to finish work and get things printed and organized. It sucked a bit, I didn't get to see much of my fiancee, nor was I able to spend much time with my good friend Dan Markin, who was in town for the convention. On the other hand, I think the time I spent digging in and making sure I had some great work to display paid off. My first time at the expo was a fantastic experience, and I even managed to make a bit of money.

I'm pretty happy with the way things turned out this year, and I think next year will be significantly better. I have several ideas for new con specific projects, and with any luck I'll have some personal work (like a webcomic perhaps?) up and running long before the next con arrives. I'd also like to seriously consider branching out and attending some other cons, though I'm not sure that my work is at a point yet where I'd be making enough to pay for hotel, travel and whatever other expenses are incurred by out of town cons.

Anyways, I'll be back tomorrow to talk some more about the con. For now, enjoy a few pics!

A couple shots of my booth, for those of you who didn't get the chance to check it out :)

Did this up when I realized I didn't have any female characters set for print. Turned out to be the best seller!
That's it for today folks. Come back tomorrow and I'll continue my discussion about the con. There's a lot to process, but I think it's worth it to talk about it all.




No comments:

Post a Comment