July 23, 2015

Or Not

Well that weekend playtest session came and went. We had a great time, and made a lot of progress in the development of the game. Sadly, the vast majority of that progress came in the form of "this isn't working, let's figure something else out". So we went back to the design doc, and have been building and scrapping ideas for a couple months now. We've got some new plans that I think have a lot of potential (again), but we're still ironing out the kinks, so I'll come back with info about that later on.

In the mean time, I've been hard at work on a variety of different projects.

I put together another portrait for a Lunar Ascension character,
wrapped up a few commissions,

And started to really dig into the world of Feudal Legacy and testing out what I was capable of achieving with the style I was developing. Of course, I can't show you all the work that I've developed, but I am able to release the odd image here and there. This is the only one that I've taken through to color, as I was just experimenting with how it would look. I wanted to make sure I could use this style to do the cover of the book down the line, because I do so loathe it when the cover of a book isn't representative of the work inside. Given that these were just test runs, I'm really happy with the results.

Oh, and I started preparing for the next expo and joined a video game development team. I'll update on these last two later, I think this post is long enough as it is. Suffice to say, super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment